Privacy is a big concern for everyone, so please read this Privacy Notice as it is important to you. In this Privacy Note:
- When we say "thisapp", we mean thisapp, Inc. (At times, we just refer to thisapp as "we" and "us" - we hope this Privacy Notice reads better when we do that.)
- When we say the "Site" or our "Site", we mean thisapp.com.
This Privacy Notice covers the personal information that we collect on the Site.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you visit the Site, you may provide personal information directly to us, including:
- We ask for your email - we want to start our relationship with you as thisapp Insider and it all starts with your email. By providing your email, you will be able to claim your username on thisapp. You also become eligible for our referral program.
- To claim certain thisapp Insider perks, such as the trial membership, we may require you to provide additional information, such as your name, billing and shipping addresses, and telephone number.
Information Collected by Automated Means
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notiied when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe's instructions (instruction vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
Web server logs
In conjunction with the gathering of information through cookies, Web servers may log information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They also may log information about your interaction with our Site, such as which pages you visit.
To control which Web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags on our Web pages called "Web beacons", which are iles that link Web pages to particular Web servers and their cookies.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we obtain about you for various purposes, including to:
- Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications relating to the Site and the thisapp Insider program
- Create, administer, and communicate with you about the thisapp Insider program
- Communicate with you about thisapp, thisapp.com, and thisapp’s upcoming launch in September 2022
- Contact you with marketing communications
- Display relevant advertising to you on our Site and across the Internet
- Verify your identity
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our thisapp Insider program and our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing, improving and customizing products, services, Site and communications; and administering our Site)
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms, such as our thisapp Insider Program Rules and, when thisapp site launches, thisapp’s Terms of Service
Data about your activities on our Site may be collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests on other websites and online services. You may choose whether to have your information collected for that purpose. We participate in advertising services administered by third parties. The ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests and/or based on prior visits to our Site. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Site and (ii) to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Site.
We will not sell your information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our site. We may also share personal information among our affiliates and joint marketing partners and our service providers.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
If you would like to update or modify your personal information, you may contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below. You also may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email you receive from us.
Information security is something that we all have to work at, to make our industry safer. We use reasonable security measures to help protect the confidentiality of personal information. You can do your part also by taking steps such as: (1) Accessing our Site only from devices that have an up-to-date operating system and up-to-date security software, and (2) Notifying us of any suspected unauthorized activity - you can always contact us to try to help figure this out! We can take steps to help reset your account before some squirrely hacker in some faraway place starts using your info.
Taking these steps will not guarantee security but should help lower the risk or impact of certain security threats. For further information about protecting your security, visit http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/computer-security.
Links to Other Websites and Online Services
The Site may provide links to other websites and online services - we try to do this only for good reasons, such as for your convenience and for your information. Linked websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content of any third-party websites or services, any use of those websites or services, or their privacy or security practices.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws or, as a new company, as we grow and do cool new stuff. To notify you of any changes that we make, we will post the updated version on our Site and indicate at the top of this page when it was last updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you, please contact us at [email protected] or thisapp, Inc., Attention: PRIVACY, 2443 Fillmore St #380-17349, San Francisco, CA.