Head of Recruitment
As our first dedicated full-time recruitment hire, you’ll be responsible for building the function within our company so that it can run smoothly and scale as we hire more team members.
- Past experience recruiting for a startup – you know how to develop great recruiting functions for companies of our size and stag.
- You’ve built systems and scaled processes as a leader from start to finish.
- You care deeply about the candidate experience and want to improve and innovate the recruiting space.
- You have strong verbal communication skills and can be an effective ambassador of our brand. You can speak eloquently about our vision, company culture, and overall strategy.
Roles and job descriptions at our stage are necessarily ambiguous and cover a huge portfolio of responsibilities, so we need someone who thrives in that environment.
- Build a friendly, innovative, and respectful recruiting function: We run a transparent, information-rich process to let candidates get a full look at what it is like working on this.
- Our people and team are our most important assets, and we’re constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate in the recruiting space. Your goal will continually improve our processes and build an exceptional recruiting experience.
- Identify hiring needs across functions: Work with the leadership team to draft job descriptions, post open roles, manage inbound candidates, source referrals, and oversee the pipelines for up to half a dozen open positions.
- Communicate & coordinate: Act as the primary point of contact for candidates in the recruiting flow, and ensure that the candidate’s time is respected at each stage of the hiring process.
- Implementing objective recruiting processes: Interview training and guidance, objective scorecards, structured debriefs, and a bar raiser program.
- 1.You'll be our first full-time recruitment hire, but not our last. We're looking for someone with experience in recruiting who is excited to build out this function and team over time.
- 2.You will have the opportunity to potentially impact the lives of billions of people across the world through redefining personal communication and democratizing ownership.
- 3.We’re small, so you’ll be able to contribute efficiently and without bureaucracy. You’ll quickly have responsibility for significant areas of our product.
- 4.You’ll be able to work remotely and set your own schedule. We have very few meetings, and we don’t micromanage.
- 5.We’ll tailor your role to shape a career that fuels you. We care a ton about your satisfaction and job happiness and will help prepare you for whatever you’re looking to do in the future.
- 6.We work extremely hard during the week and take the weekends for rest and recovery. We actively encourage prioritizing personal health, sleep, exercise, ergonomics, etc.
- 1.We’re small (~10 people in the company now), so we are probably not a good fit if you like more established companies.
- 2.Since we’re an early-stage startup, projects and priorities will shift. If you prefer a consistent schedule and workload, we are probably not a good fit.
- 3.Your projects may not be clearly defined. As a result, you will need to leverage your own experience, intuition, and perspective to help us make the right decisions. We are probably not a good fit if you are looking for perfect project briefs.